Our products are made of 100% virgin PP which can be recycled -astoundingly- up to four times before the thermal degradation has a negative impact on the polymer.
- Having such characteristics PP can achieve more than 100 years in service per life-cycle!
- Given its inherent flexibility, PP can be recycled back into many different products, including: automotive parts, industrial fibres, food containers, dishware, compost bins, speed humps, gardening apparatus (compost bins, plant pots), etc.
- Carbon footprint - PP produce significantly less CO2 equivalents by weight than PET, PS and PVC.
- Polypropylene produces less solid waste by weight than PET, PS or PVC.
A near-perfect material for the highest standards in modern beekeeping
- Polypropylene’s outstanding cost-to-performance ratio is one of the determining factors for its use over all other alternatives of the market. In fact, no other synthetic or wooden beehive can outperform Technosetbee’s robustness, vast range of modularity and versatility.
- Zero initial preparation, all hives and their components are perfectly assembled and ready to use.
- Most durable structure ever built. Molded without any corner joints. Safely twist and pry the frames without the risk of damaging the integrity of your brood boxes or supers.
- Impenetrable structure will last for many-many years against assaults from insects, rodents, small or big animals. Even a mighty bear can’t damage the integrity of a Technosetbee hive.
What Does This Warranty Cover?
This warranty covers defects caused by material and manufacturing workmanship.
In a research carried out by Veltuis, Hayo HW, Kraus, Bernhard and presented to Tuson in April 2000, they deliberately cooled the fry at the time of Spring, autumn, by placing thin shelters, opening the bottom with sieves, feeding the beehives to spread the fry and placing incomplete combs between the fry, they saw Varroa double. The same research showed that when the temperature was 35° C and the humidity between 79% and 85% RH in the area of the nursery, Varroa's growth was between 0% and 2%, and its great reproduction was in the outer parts of the brood and in the pupae, the temperature was at 33° C and low humidity. In the area of the nursery where humidity was at normal levels between 59% and 68% RH, Varroa was proliferating normally.
Preparing your hives for winter could make the difference between a great spring liftoff and a poor start over, so it is very important to do it right.
The process depends on your location, however there are some things that are the same wherever you live. Here is the complete checklist:
Many claim that wood is a natural product and is better than plastic, so I would like to inform you about a research done by Fresnaye beekeeping professor on the problems of wooden hives. The research has led to the following conclusions:
- A wooden hive as well as being painted with good quality oil, the resistance to fungi and insects does not exceed 2 years.
- The good condition of a wooden hive RARELY exceeds 3 years.
This research states that:
The most radical solution would be maybe the ABANDONMENT of wood for the use of SYNTHETIC MATERIALS or other synthetic products that would be resistant to physical, chemical and biological agents. This observation is also reported by Pierre Jean-Prost in the book of APICULTURE at page 125 for those who would like to be informed.
Technosetbee hives achieved the above helping the beekeeper getting rid of all unnecessary tasks for wooden hives, utilizing his time for more creative things like packaging and promoting his product on the market.
You can read all about the advantages of the synthetics beehives here.
Erik Österlund, a beekeeper / researcher, went even further and applied the theory of small cell and small bee. Having small cells, it has created crowding that results in better regulation of temperature and humidity. Making a small bee created an increase in production due to agility, while the largest bee is more cumbersome and less productive. When the bee builder grows cells it grows smaller or larger in size, while for honey storage it makes them bigger. In the market, however, the cells have a size (5.3 mm) obliging the bee to construct the germ cells to the extent that we give them defying the physiology of each breed. Österlund believed that the smaller cell would be better managed for Varroa and achieved it to an extremely high percentage to the extent that his bees would not need treatment.
At the end of the winter and after the summer drought, skilled workers, who are assigned to carry water tend to visit the wet areas. These are NOT looking for clean water. On the contrary, they prefer stagnated water, swamps and often get attracted by the urine of the animals, which give them nitrogenous substances along with water. The water collection indicates the cycle of new brood inside the colony. It’s essential for diluting the stored honey then mixing it with pollen, providing the best food for the larvae. In the autumn, the distribution of clean water has in some cases led to rapid growth as with syrup. In the summer, the presence of fresh water supply near the hive helps the bees a lot.
When it comes to the cleaning and disinfecting of our hives, we need to be careful about all sort of things. This guide will help you perform the task in question, safe and efficient.
Q: How often should it be performed?
A: Once a year for maintenance, unless there is any illness of infection then it should be done as soon as possible.
Q: What do we do with the bees while we clean the hive?
A: We need to transfer the population to another hive.
Q: Were can we buy ClO2 from?
A: You can buy ClO2 from an online store like Amazon, or order it at your local pharmacy. In US you can find it in Home Depot, or Walmart as well.
European Patent OAMICD 001800277
The new synthetic Beehive constructed from polypropylene copolimer with great mechanical strength.
The product is GREEK and MADE by TECHNOSET.
With the NEW BEEHIVE Beekeeper's dream did COME TRUE!!!!